- Sri Sarada Devi and Her Divine Play is a massive undertaking by Swami Chetanananda, who spent seven years bringing together careful research based on many biographies in English and Bengali, eye-witness accounts and reminiscences. Lovingly refered to as the "Holy Mother", Sri Sarada Devi took up Sri Ramakrishna's mission after he left his body, initiating thousands of disciples. Until a ripe old age, the Holy Mother navigated a sea of difficult situations without ever forgetting her divine nature. We look to her for wisdom, compassion and affection.
By Swami Chetanananda, with a preface by Huston Smith and an introduction by Christopher Isherwood.
This book is a pictorial biography of Swami Vivekananda’s life and teachings and his encounter with many distinguished Western savants. It reveals where eastern and western cultures and religions can find common ground to live in harmony and derive benefit from each other. This is a high-quality hardback book beautifully bound with great photographs of Swamiji in the West and in India.
- See God with Open Eyes: Meditation on Ramakrishna — this title raises several questions: Does God have a form? Can we see God as we see other objects and beings in this world? Can we hear or touch God? Ramakrishna answered these questions with his words and through his life — and many of those answers are collected in this book. When God takes a human form, we want to see how that avatar lives, acts, talks, walks, laughs, cries, eats, and sleeps like other human beings. This book depicts how lovers of God can establish and deepen their relationship with Ramakrishna through prayer and meditation, and that strong bond makes them feel safe, secure, and saved.
- Out of stockChai Pilgrimage Written by Patrick Shaw, illustrated by Jenny Kostecki-Shaw, with photography by both. 192 page, 11 x 8 1/4, full-color, hardbound book. Steep yourself in India's rich chai culture in this multimedia travelogue with illustrated recipes and tips on the art of chai-making! If India has always beckoned, but something held you back - or if you have traveled to India and feel a longing in your heart to return - make the Chai Pilgrimage through the pages of this book. Patrick Shaw and Jenny Kostecki-Shaw spent four months in northern India, steeping themselves in chai culture. They kept journals, made paintings and took pictures. Using chai as their compass, they also made friends, worshiped at remote temples, and drank a lot of chai. Firsthand, they learned from the extraordinary hospitality of the Indian people that "Guest is God," being treated as family members in many homes. Inspired by the pungent spice palette, they returned to their northern New Mexico home and created this ecstatic book of art. Every page is a song of praise to the Indian people and the Hindu gods, to the healing chai spices, to the small farmers who grow tea, to every chai wallah in every stand along their journey. Patrick and Jenny captured and translated not just the Hindi language and the sweetness of the people but the spirit of love itself. Every word, painting and recipe is suffused with the pure flavor of devotion. Sit down with a cup of chai and enjoy this pilgrimage to the chai motherland of India!
- This is beautfully written and illustrated childrens' book. It's a story about Elliot who lives in America and Kailash who lives in India. They are pen pals. By exchanging letters and pictures, they learn that they both love to climb trees, have pets and ride a school bus. Their worlds may look different, but they are actually similar. Beautiful and inspiring illustrations by Jenny Sue Kostecki-Shaw.
- Out of stockThe new Kali Mandir 2022 calendar is here! This elegant calendar makes a great Christmas gift. Besides beautiful photos of Ma Dakshineswari Kali and Ma Bhavatarini Kali, this calendar features all the 2022 dates for amavasyas, ekadasis, important Hindu dates, birthdays of saints, daylight savings, etc. Dimensions: 11" X 8.5". Kali Mandir developed its 2022 calendar with dates calculated for Southern California.
SPECIAL SALE:From now until Shyama Kali Puja (November 3rd), we will be selling the Kali Mandir 2022 calendar for only $21.50!